1. Preparing the Property for Rent
2. Advertising – What is Legal & Isn’t
3. Screening & Red Flags
4. Showing Property
5. Application & Criteria
6. Processing Applicant
7. Components of a Good Lease
8. Managing the Tenancy
9. Navigating the Move-Out Process
10. Security Deposit – What is Wear & Tear?
Module 3 – Management Cycle
Lesson 1 – Preparing the Property for Rent
Here are the 6 key points to get your property ready to rent.
- Curb appeal is most important
- Sparkling Clean – inside and out
- Ready for move in
- Evaluate Best Use – ROI (laundry/garage)
- Budget – remodel or update?
- Health & Safety
Tip: 99% of the Time NEVER Rent to Family or Friends. Same goes for co-signing a lease.