1. Preparing the Property for Rent
2. Advertising – What is Legal & Isn’t
3. Screening & Red Flags
4. Showing Property
5. Application & Criteria
6. Processing Applicant
7. Components of a Good Lease
8. Managing the Tenancy
9. Navigating the Move-Out Process
10. Security Deposit – What is Wear & Tear?
Module 3 – Management Cycle
Lesson 9 – Navigating the Move-Out Process
7 Tips for a Smooth Move Out
- Make sure to get 30 day notice from each occupant 18 and older of property. Never assume they are all moving out.
- Send Confirmation Letter of 30 Day Notice to Move
- Provide Move Out Procedure & Documentation
- Give just the Facts on Tenancy Recommendation for problematic tenants, feel free to gush for those that were great tenants.
- Show Property Now or Wait Until Vacant?
- Walk Thru’s – Pre-Inspection and Final
- Damages vs Wear and Tear