1. Preparing the Property for Rent
2. Advertising – What is Legal & Isn’t
3. Screening & Red Flags
4. Showing Property
5. Application & Criteria
6. Processing Applicant
7. Components of a Good Lease
8. Managing the Tenancy
9. Navigating the Move-Out Process
10. Security Deposit – What is Wear & Tear?
Module 3 – Management Cycle
Lesson 6 – Processing Applicant
7 steps to Processing the Application
- Have a Procedure – Cheat sheet to write on. NEVER write on application.
- Run Credit
- Check ALL references – ask open ended questions
- Review Documentation for Accuracy. I have seen fake docs and tax forms
- Are they a Go or a No?
- Required paperwork once approved or denied.
- Trust your Gut! Don’t be Rushed.