Jan Leasure has been in the property management business in the Monterey Bay area since 1983. She is currently the managing broker of Monterey Bay Property Management and Monterey Bay Vacation Rentals. Prior to entering the real estate industry, Jan taught at the secondary and collegiate levels. She has flipped houses, worked in real estate sales, and now focuses solely on the management of residential real estate, both long-term and short-term. She has served as an expert witness in court cases involving property management issues. She is a creative problem solver and always on the lookout for new solutions to landlord-tenant issues. Jan is a member of the National Association of Residential Property Management, of the Vacation Rental Managers Association, the National Association of Realtors, the California Association of Realtors, the Monterey County Association of Realtors, and the California Apartment Association.
- Fair Housing – Assistance to landlords, managers, and homeowners’ associations regarding compliance with federal and state fair housing laws.
- Short-term and Vacation Rentals
- Various Landlord-Tenant Topics – Security Deposits; Reducing Landlord Liability; Making Repairs; Terminating Tenancies; Rental Agreements; How to get the Rent on Time; Guarantors and Co-signers; and Tenant Selection, among others.
- Property Management Policies & Procedures
- Time Management for Property Managers – What’s interfering with getting it all done?
- Reducing Stress with Lifestyle Changes
- Reaching Your Goals – Our goals are frequently not getting met because we are not spending time working on meeting the goals we’ve set for ourselves.
- Planning and Organizing a Staff Retreat
- Growing a Property Management Business – How to steadily grow your property management business without spending a fortune for advertising.
- Master Leasing